In today’s world of exposure and limelight, who doesn’t want a look that boosts up their confidence almost instantly? What product can make your skin feel light, blemish-free, and glowing? BB Creams or foundations? We all get confused to know what suits them best for our skin types. Using a good quality pre-makeup can allow makeup to go on smoothly and in a longer run. Foundations have a long history of making your skin tone even and hiding major blemishes like large pores, acne marks, pimples, and dark circles. But with all these skincare products coming up in the market, how do we know which one works the best? In this review, I will be sharing which product would win the race and why! Let’s compare the two!
BB Cream VS Foundation | What Should You Pick?
BB creams (blemish balm or beauty balm) and foundations give an even, uniform skin tone. Both provide coverage to the blemishes and dark spots. However, BB creams have more to offer than foundations. But can BB creams single-handed do the magic? Are they potent enough to hide that pimple on your face without applying concealers? Let’s find out! It is best to look at the pros and cons of the products before choosing the one that solves your purpose.
Perks Of BB Cream
- Suits all skin types: BB creams possess skincare benefits. BB creams contain Hyaluronic acid and glycerine that moisturize your skin; it doesn’t leave your skin dry and patchy. It only provides light coverage, allowing your skin to breathe, leaving your skin less prone to acne. There are different BB creams available that work for different skin types and skin tones, leaving you with choices that serve your skin type.
- Skincare benefits: BB creams contain antioxidants like vitamins A, E, and C that provide anti-aging treatment and protect the skin from sun damage. BB creams promise skincare benefits that include skin whitening, anti-wrinkle, and UV protection. They contain beeswax that creates a protective layer on the skin. Being a natural exfoliate, it keeps skin soft and hydrated. Titanium dioxide works as a UV filtering ingredient. Dimethicone makes the skin soft and flexible, Cyclomethicone improves skin texture.
- All in one: Unlike foundations, where you have to apply moisturizer, concealers, sunscreens, BB creams work as multitasking. It serves as a moisturizer and does not need a concealer after use. Of Course, it’s always better to apply a moisturizer before applying BB cream as a base, but it is not required. Foundations can leave patches on the skin if not used appropriately, but BB creams, just like any other cream, are easy to apply and save much time.
- Saves money and time: We can use BB creams daily as they give a sheer coverage sufficient to make your skin look spotless. Unlike foundations, they are applied less in quantity, and nothing extra is needed. In contrast, foundations cannot work by themselves. BB creams can save you much time and money.
Perks Of Foundations
- Covering major blemishes: One thing foundations can do that BB creams might not, has hidden your major skin problems. If you have skin-related issues like patchy skin, acne problems, foundations work the best. They can even hide under-eye circles well and make your skin look flawless.
- Full coverage: Getting ready for an occasion? Foundations are having more consistency than BB creams. So, they provide a full range that BB creams might not. They can offer a long-lasting look without fading off. Therefore, for heavy makeup, foundations are a better option!
- Wide range of shades available: BB creams do not provide a wide range of skin tones as foundations do. BB creams are available in limited shades, whereas foundations offer a wide range of shades to match your skin type. Some cosmetic brands are offering a variety of 40 shades of hues to match the user requirement.
- Variety: Liquid foundations, cream foundations, pressed powder, etc. When it comes to foundations, you must choose what fits your skin. Different foundations work for different skin types. Foundations may have a variant liquid consistency. However, having a variety is always a better option. Finding the foundation that matches your skin type, tone, texture can be confusing, but the final look is worth it!
How to use BB creams?
You don’t need much to do to apply BB creams. Just take a little amount on your fingertips and apply it to your face. Using fingertips gives a natural touch to your face. You can also use a brush to apply it all over your face. AND you’re done!
How to use Foundations?
Foundations are like the canvas for makeup. It needs to be applied in a proper way to bring out the desired look.
- Start with a moisturizer. It provides a better texture to the skin.
- Apply a little primer.
- Then apply the right amount of foundation to your skin. You can use a blender, sponge, or brushes. Ensure there are no patches on the skin.
- Give it some time to dry and settle.
- According to the look you desire, you can use the foundation as per your need. For maximum coverage, use more.
Well, I have analyzed both the products, and both work efficiently for a makeup base for the skin. None of them can replace each other as both serve different purposes. If you prefer a light makeup, no-makeup- makeup look, you can use BB cream instead of foundations. BB creams can save you time and money. For busy women, BB creams can save much time and energy. If you’re dressing up for a special occasion, then foundations can provide more effective results than just a BB cream. So it solely depends on the type of look you prefer for different occasions.
Closure | BB Cream VS Foundation
Since both products serve different purposes, neither can beat each other in the race. Also, preferences keep on changing in terms of fashion and beauty. BB creams do as an all-in-one makeup base that can stand alone for specific skin types. At the same time, foundations can work on all skin types. BB creams are multitasking, offering more in less. BB creams can be used for daily use in the long run without causing much damage to the skin as it has more skin benefits than a foundation. I hope this information guided you to what is best for your needs. If you have other queries or suggestions, feel free to tell us. Comment below, and I will respond to your questions.