Many beauty enthusiasts have begun praising castor oil and coconut oil as a natural remedy for hair repair. As there are so many oils, it’s quite impossible to keep up, but coconut oil and castor oil is often called the HBIC of all the oils.
These two miraculous oils have the properties to make the hair texture smooth, shiny and make them look voluminous. In this article, I’m going to tell you about castor oil for hair growth plus will also share castor and coconut oil hair mask, which will make your hair smoother, shinier and give your hair a nice texture.
Let us move further to the main subject, which will certainly help you smoothen your hair and drop a shiny texture to it.
- 1 Castor Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask (Castor Oil for Hair Growth)
- 2 Conclusion
Castor Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask (Castor Oil for Hair Growth)
Castor oil, which is golden in color and black castor oil, which is prepared with roasted castor seeds, is more beneficial due to it’s more alkaline make-up.
Both are a little heavy in feel and texture. Due to the stickiness of this oil, a majority of hair types could benefit from using it. Coconut oil arguably, the best thing about coconut oil is that it is very cheap.
You can get it at a very low price anywhere. It can get your hair to grow healthier, longer, and thicker. Vitamins and essential fatty acids present in this oil help to remove sebum from your hair follicles, which will boost up hair growth.
Using both of these oils as a mask will surely make your hair look shinier, thicker, and longer.
Benefits of Castor Oil
- Antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties make it an effective treatment for scalp infections.
- Applying castor oil on your eyebrows and eyelashes makes them grow thicker and longer.
- The ricinoleic acid improves blood circulation and also helps in balancing the pH of the scalp.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil will help smooth the cuticles on your split ends.
- It will also help tame the frizz due to humid weather or split ends.
- It prevents sun damage as it contains natural protectants.
Recommended Article: Microneedling Results
Instructions to Prepare this Mask
The ways to prepare the castor oil and coconut oil hair mask are as follows:
- In a ratio of 1:2 means if you are taking 1 tablespoon of castor oil then take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Take both the oils according to your hair length.
- You can add lavender essential oil if you want extra care.
Note: Lavender oil is good for stimulating hair growth. It prevents itchy scalp and dandruff as well as scalp infections. Lavender oil also helps in relieving migraine and may also kill head lice. Adding lavender oil will help in reducing the smell of castor and coconut oil
- As we are in the know of the fact that castor oil is quite thick inconsistency, we must dilute it by adding coconut oil in it. If we skip this step, the thick castor oil would be quite difficult to remove.
- Mix the two oils, make a thinner oil.
- Now add 3-4 drops of lavender oil and by adding this, your homemade castor oil and coconut oil hair mask are ready to use.
- Mixing these oils is not easy but still, mix or shake the bottle as much as you can. It is because of its consistency.
- Now do a patch test so as to make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Apply this mask on your hair and scalp firmly. Don’t be harsh and do not rub it. Be gentle.
- Massaging the roots can increase blood flow to the hair follicle, the root of the hair of course which is the only living part of the hair.
- After the application of the oil let it sit for a couple of hours or more. Make a hair bun and you can also put on a shower cap for extra nourishment.
- Wash off the mask by shampooing your hair twice because of the mucilaginous oils.
- Condition your hair and avoid using a towel as towels can damage your hair. You can use cotton cloth instead.
Beauties, you can now see the results. This mask will surely make your hair look shinier, smoother, and better than before.
How to Do Scalp Massage?
To make your locks look more lustrous, you need a good hair oil massage. Spending on shampoos and conditioners will just not help you out, and you need deep nourishment from the roots. For that, you need to give yourself time and massage your hair with an oil.
Also, have a look at Dry Eyes Bever Hills (Ultimate Solution)
Massaging your hair will not only reduce stress but also it will improve blood circulation. It also improves hair thickness and makes your hair beautiful. You don’t really need oil for scalp massage you can massage your scalp when you are in the shower, shampooing. You should at least aim for three minutes if you are working with both hands because that encompasses a large surface area. Some people include aromatherapy with lavender, eucalyptus, or mint scents.
- A gentle fingertip massage is enough to stimulate the blood flow. Start by spreading your fingers and then place your fingertips on the scalp.
- Avoid using fingernails to prevent the breakage of the hair strands or damaging the scalp.
- Extend and contract the fingers two to three times.
- Move the fingers around the scalp covering all areas.
- Use gentle and slow movements in a circular motion.
- Massage the scalp for at least three minutes or more. Repeat this process whenever required.
- You can use a soft-bristled brush to massage the scalp. Brush the clean scalp in a sweeping motion, gently.
Many people claim that hot oil massage is one of the best methods. It’s up to you how you want to do it.
Castor oil and coconut oil hair masks are for the deep nourishment of your hair. Please make sure you choose the right oil, which is organic hexane free sources because most of the blue-colored bottle of coconut oil is paraffin wax included. You can also add olive oil into it and avoid lavender oil. It’s up to you.
But the castor oil and coconut oil hair mask are the best, in our opinion. If you want something strong, you can try 60% castor oil and 40% coconut oil as well. If you have long hair, detangle your hair before applying this mask. It will also repair split ends.
The longer you let it sit in your hair, the better it will work. This combo can also remove eye makeup. Just simply dab a tiny amount onto an organic round cotton pad or earbud and wipe away.
So this was everything about “Castor and Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Mask For Hair Growth” and I believe that “Castor Oil for hair growth” works for you and hope this comprehensive article helped you and satisfied all your queries regarding castor oil and coconut oil hair mask but in case, if you face any issue then please make a comment below.