There are hardly any skincare brands around the globe on which we can rely for a lifetime. Some brands are really good but unfortunately, they are age, region, or gender-specific with few flaws. However, it is extremely beneficial to our body, skin, and health to stick to a unique brand. One of the other reasons like age, weather, etc compels us to switch to other brands for better results. This in the long run is not good for our skin because our skin takes time to adjust. Moreover, fence-sitting between a couple of brands and sporadically using them leads to skin chagrins.
For most of us, skincare and body health is of utmost importance. No one likes their skin to purge or age. But, the prime question is that is there a specific product or a brand that can help us to flourish our skin for a lifetime? Unfortunately, dear, there is not a specific product and practically there can never be, skin needs changes with time. However, there is a magnanimous brand Obagi Skin Care with a wide range of products to fulfill all skincare needs.
- 1 What is Obagi Skin Care?
- 2 Obagi Skin Care Systems
- 3 Must-Try Products Of Obagi Skin Care
- 4 Pros And Cons Of Obagi Skin Care
- 5 FAQs Of Obagi Skin Care
- 6 One Of The Finest Skin Care Brand In Market
- 7 Resources
- 8 You May Also Like To Read About
What is Obagi Skin Care?
In 1988 Dr. Zein Obagi a world-renowned dermatologist founded Obagi. The aim of the brand was to create a high-power, result-oriented medical-grade skincare product. Unlike other brands, Obagi does not only aim to restore the skin but also to bring out its best.
Obagi Skin Care comes with myriads of skincare systems each designed to target a particular problem. It ensures that none of the skin problems goes ignored. The systems are also designed to target various age-related problems like acne and fine lines. The best part is the products are designed to foresee future skincare issues of the customers too and design the product accordingly to delay or avoid it.
In a nutshell, Obagi’s prime task is to subdue multiple skincare issues including hyperpigmentation, acne, dry skin, and aging. Also, the products are scientifically backed and of supreme clinical quality. Therefore, Obagi Skin Care totally worth the hype.
Obagi Skin Care Systems
I myself am very concerned with my skin health and make sure that the products I chose are worth the money. Neither, do I recommend people buying from different brands nor I recommend using inferior products in name of brand loyalty? It is a very flummoxing statement as after reading this the question arises “What to do then?”. The answer is actually very lucid, simply just order any one of the Obagi’s systems after learning about its properties and benefits and choosing the one which benefits you the most.
For easiness, I have listed below three of the most venerated and popular systems of Obagi Skin Care along with their benefits and key ingredients.
1. Obagi Nu-Derm System
Obagi Nu-Derm is for clarifying and brightening skin. Its key ingredient is Arbutin which helps to enhance the appearance of even skin tone and improve a dull complexion for a more youth-looking complexion. There are two subparts of Obagi Nu-Derm i.e, one for Normal to Dry Skin and the other for Normal to Oily Skin. The additional benefits are emancipation from hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and refraining skin from aging.
|Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser And Obagi Nu-Derm Blend Fx.||$142.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser And Obagi Medical Nu-Derm Foaming Gel||$86.00||Buy on Amazon|
2. Obagi 360 System
This system addresses the needs of the people of the age group of 20 to 40. Obagi 360 system help in the foundation of a lifetime of healthy and bright skin, by defending and preserving its youthfulness. Its key ingredients are Hydromanil and Retinol. Retinol reduces fine lines and wrinkles and Hydromanil provides moisturization. My personal recommendation for people in their 20s and 30s is to surely try Obagi 360 system.
This system comprises of Exfoliating cleanser, to exfoliate dull skin to prevent clogging of pores. Secondly, it has Hydrafactor Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to avoid sun damage. Lastly, it has retinol 0.5 to redefine skin texture. However, it also has a Retinol 1.0. I will say you can use it after your skin gets adapted to retinol 0.5 to avoid early skin irritations.
|Obagi360 Exfoliating Cleanser And Obagi Medical 360 Retinol 0.5.||1 Reviews||$101.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Obagi Medical 360 Retinol 1.0 and Professional C Serum 20% Vitamin C Bundle||$207.00 $165.60||Buy on Amazon|
|Obagi360 HydraFactor Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen And Obagi Medical 360 Retinol 0.5.||1 Reviews||$120.00||Buy on Amazon|
3. CLENZIderm M.D. Acne Therapeutic System
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D is designed to target, correct, and prevent adult acne with clinically advanced formulas that purify and clear your skin. It works best on adult skin hence, I will recommend it for people after crossing 35 as it delivers anti-aging results including skin rejuvenation. The key ingredients of CLENZIderm M.D. Acne Therapeutic System is Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide. They help to reduce surface sebum levels, unclog pores, and eliminates the bacteria which causes acne.
CLENZIderm M.D. The system comprises three products. Firstly, the CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser foaming acne cleanser with 2% salicylic acid to unclog pores, remove impurities and rejuvenate the skin. Second, CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy which also haves 2% salicylic acid, prepares the skin for the next step of acne elimination. Finally, the CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Lotion has 5% benzoyl peroxide which eliminates acne-causing bacterias.
4. Other Obagi’s Skin Care Systems
Along with the above three most popular systems there few more systems of Obagi which are.
a.) Obagi-C Fx System– This system has Vitamin C and Arbutin as key ingredients. This system enhances skin complexion and rejuvenates skin tone. It is further divided into two subparts one for normal to oily skin and one for normal to dry skin.
b.) Obagi-C Rx System– This system has Vitamin C and 4% hydroquinone as key ingredients. The aim of this system is to maintain the youthfulness of the skin and extricating hyperpigmentation.
Must-Try Products Of Obagi Skin Care
Apart from flabbergasting skincare systems Obagi also offers a wide variety of result-oriented products. I have listed below some of the must-try products of Obagi.
1. Obagi Professional C Serum 20%
Obagi Professional C Serum has a 20% concentration of L-ascorbic acid. L-ascorbic acid is the purest form of Vitamin C which helps our skin to look youthful for a longer period. L-ascorbic acid stops the breakdown of collagen and elastin which contributes to the aging process.
- HIGHLY CONCENTRATED VITAMIN C ANTIOXIDANT SERUM BEST SUITED FOR NORMAL TO OILY SKIN Professional-C Serum 20% is our highest concentrated serum, packed with antioxidants to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while leaving skin feeling silky soft
- KEY BENEFITS: 20% L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) encourages skin to rebound from previous visible damage. Improve overall complexion by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Formulates to immediately absorb and remain in the skin.
2. Obagi Medical On The Go Cleansing And Makeup Removing Wipes
It is pre-moistened, textured wipes that are used to remove excess oil, makeup, and impurities that linger over our face. It is popular because it is an excellent source of sulforaphane which defends our face from free radicals. Moreover, it comes in a handy pack of 25 which makes it easy to carry and use.
- This naturally-derived ingredient helps to moisturize and soothe the skin.
- An excellent source of sulforaphane, an organosulfur compound that has been shown to scavenge free radicals.
3. Obagi Medical ELASTIderm Eye Cream
Bi-Mineral Contour Complex is the key ingredient of technology. Its objective is to control zinc, copper, and malonate. It helps in the development of healthy elastin for our skin. Elastin is a key protein of the extracellular matrix which is responsible to maintain the shape of our skin. The healthier the Elastin in our skin the more youthful our skin is.
- Obagi Medical ELASTIderm Eye Cream helps revitalize the skin around eyes and rejuvenate your appearance.
- Formulated with a unique bi-mineral complex and malonic acid for smoother, firmer-looking skin around the eyes.
4. Obagi ELASTIderm Facial Serum
Its key ingredient is also the Bi-Mineral Contour Complex. Henceforth, I will personally recommend buying the Facial Serum and the Eye Cream together if looking for an amazing anti-aging product.
- Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Cream helps revitalize the skin around eyes and rejuvenate your appearance.
- Formulated with a unique bi-mineral complex and malonic acid for smoother, firmer-looking skin around the eyes.
Hence, it is evident that Obagi has a wide variety of products in their line up. Therefore, it is inevitable that a skin care issue cannot be healed by Obagi. Nevertheless, there are some more great products of Obagi as well but, the are only availble after precription hence, I refrained myself from citing them here as one should only use them after experts recommendations like two key elements of Nu Derm system.
Pros And Cons Of Obagi Skin Care
It is sure shot that the advantages of Obagi’s Skin Care product will outnumber the disadvantages by glaring difference. But, as a judicious customer, we should not ignore the cons and should finalize our decisions only after considering them.
- Obagi Provides a wide range of products, eliminating the problem of looking for other brands.
- Obagi’s products help to provide professionalized skincare treatment at the home.
- The products of Obagi are scientifically backed and is venerated for their efficiency all around the globe
- For many Obagi is out of budget thing because of its hefty pricing.
- Obagi’s products are not natural and contain chemicals/acids.
FAQs Of Obagi Skin Care
1. Do I need prescription to buy Obagi Skin Care products?
Yes, there are few products like Nu-derms key products which require a prescription before buying. However, a wide variety of Obagi products can also be purchased without a prescription.
2. Is there an alternative retinol cream other than Obagi?
Yes, there are many however I will recommend you to buy Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 as its one of the best in market.
- OVERNIGHT MOISTURIZING MAGIC: Indulge your skin with our hydrating nighttime facial moisturizer featuring Olay’s Vitamin B3 + Retinol Complex to work wonders while you sleep
- SKIN QUENCHING MOISTURE: Our rich, ultra-hydrating formula absorbs quickly to deliver anti-aging ingredients deep in your skin’s surface for overnight regeneration
3. Is Obagi cruelty-free?
Obagi is not cruelty-free. however, they do not test on animals until mandated by FDA.
One Of The Finest Skin Care Brand In Market
For most of the customers choosing Obagi has been a life-changing option. It helped them to extricate some of the most chronic skin care problems like skin purging and premature skin aging. The best part is that Obagi is a science-backed brand formulated for all skin types by a world-renowned dermatologist.
Even though the price at first instance sounds a little high. But after using it for a couple of weeks one understands that the price is very much feasible for such amazing results. However, we should not expect quick results and should surely use it for the long run as skincare is not a sprint but a marathon.
Here at Cheaperks, we highly venerate the trust of our readers. Attributable to this we have stern guidelines for sourcing in order to omit the spread of any false information. We refrain ourself from displaying the facts from tertiary sources as they might have some information that may cause harm to our readers.
- Obagi Nu-Derm® System – Normal to Oily https://www.obagi.com/medical/obagi-nu-derm-rx-system-normal-oily
- Obagi Nu-Derm® System – Normal to Dry https://www.obagi.com/medical/obagi-nu-derm-rx-system-normal-dry
- Obagi360® System https://www.obagi.com/medical/obagi360-system
- CLENZIderm M.D.® Acne Therapeutic System https://www.obagi.com/medical/clenziderm-md-acne-therapeutic-system
- ELASTIderm® Collection https://www.obagi.com/medical/skin-care-lines/elastiderm-collection
- Professional-C® Serum 20% https://www.obagi.com/medical/professional-c-serum-20
You May Also Like To Read About
- 11 Best Wall Mounted Makeup Mirror Lighted (LED)
- Tula Skincare VS Cerave VS Beautycounter (Ultimate Comparison)
- Cirene Skin Cream Reviews
- Tula Skincare Reviews | Worth Trying OR Just Another Usual Brand?